YES Partners With Teachers To Promote Financial Literacy In VA.
Your Economic Success (YES) believes financial literacy is critical for all students to thrive in the Shenandoah Valley. Our experienced team provides resources and advocacy to help teachers educate students on economics and personal finance. Through workshops, currated lesson plans and virtual courses, we provide teachers tools to educate students from diverse backgrounds so they can understand economic principles, contribute to our local economy and live a more meaningful life.
We Believe Financial Literacy Is Critical To Our Economy.
Including economic education throughout the K-12 curriculum provides consistent exposure to students at multiple grade levels. Promoting economics and financial literacy should be a top priority in Virginia because it helps students become:
- Better Employees: Understanding common economic principles helps individuals navigate fluctuating economic conditions and builds a more robust workforce.
- Informed Consumers: Real-world financial skills help citizens save, invest and spend their money in smart ways for long-term success.
- Keen Entrepreneurs: Providing consistent economic education builds entrepreneurial skills that can support our local economy.
We Believe Teachers Deserve More Tools & Resources.
We value the K-12 educators who dedicate their lives to providing a well-rounded education for their students. By partnering with YES, you can count on:
- Advocacy: We are advocates for teachers before school systems and state and local governments to provide everything needed to promote economic and financial literacy among students.
- Resources: YES develops and provides training and workshops to deliver helpful lessons and powerful in-class methods to provide the financial literacy and economic education our students deserve.
- Certifications: We enable educators to get the certifications needed to confidently and effectively teach students how to live a life of personal growth and economic independence.
- Awards: YES honors elementary, middle and high school teachers in the Shenandoah Valley who develop programs and lessons to promote students’ understanding of economics and financial literacy.
Join Us On Our Journey To Create A Better Future.
We invite teachers, community leaders and donors to learn more about YES and participate in promoting economics and financial literacy education in Virginia.